Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Friday, October 16, 2015
Monday, October 5, 2015
- No greasy or sticky feeling on skin after use
- Gentle and mild on skin
- Refreshing fragrance
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Monday, September 21, 2015
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Sunday, September 6, 2015
Monday, August 31, 2015
Friday, August 28, 2015
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
- "For eye and lip; Cleanses powerfully yet remains moisturizing and gentle to skin; contains Vitamins B and E for added skincare."
- Gentle Water-Based Formula: Derived from skin toners that contain oil dissolving moisturizing agents. Oil contained in makeup is lifted quickly without tugging, and gives skin ample moisture while cleansing thoroughly.
- Highly Effective Emollient Oil Layer with Water Base: Dual effect of water and oil layer thoroughly removes even the most stubborn, waterproof mascaras; High cleansing power ensures that no rubbing or tugging is required to protect eyelashes and delicate skin around eyes.
|Left: My first bottle, Right: the back-up!|
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Monday, August 17, 2015
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Monday, August 10, 2015
***Discussion part is long because I added some studies and articles to it to make it more substanstial. There are also some pictures with exudates on the acne patch that may make you feel uncomfortable.***
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Friday, July 24, 2015
- with purified goat's milk and milk protein
- lightens skin tone
- double moisturising for very dry skin
- From the Ivy website:
- Ideal for very dry skin.
- Mild and gentle formulation with double moisturising effect to restore and retain moisture to body.
- Rich with vitamin A, B and E, protein, minerals and fatty acids.
- Also contains sodium caseinate and lactic acid.
- with papaya extract, licorice extract, Nanowhite and Moist 24
- 24 hour moisturising
- smoothing and brightening
- for fairer and softer skin
- Copied word for word from the description at the back of the bottle:
- "Papaya has always been known to clean the skin and act as a natural and gentle peeling agent, thus making the skin smoother and softer."
- "A gentle shower cream formulated with Papaya Extract and Licorice Extract that leave skin visible refreshed, with a radiant glow. Papain--the enzyme that promote elimination of dead skin cells. Licorice Extract is plant substance with proven skin brightening functions."
- "Nanowhite is a combination of brightening and anti-oxidant ingredients. Nanowhite contains Arbutin from bearberry leaves that brightens skin tone and helps against pigmentation disorder. Nanowhite also contains glutathione, which is a strong anti-oxidant to protect your skin from harsh environment. Its vitamin that anti-oxidant, anti-aging and brightening proterties as well."
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Thursday, July 9, 2015
|This was taken a few hours after the photo above was taken. Notice the shine on my nose and forehead. I have combination-oily skin and for me that shine you see is still tolerable.|
|Sorry for the poor quality of the photo. The point of this photo was to show how my face with foundation on compares (or matches) to the skin on my neck.|
- Feels lightweight on the skin
- Easy to apply using fingers and/or makeup sponge
- I don't use makeup brushes to apply foundation so I can't comment on that aspect. I'm planning to buy a foundation brush soon though!
- Good oil control
- I used this on an extremely hot and humid day. I applied my makeup at around noontime and topped it off with a light dusting of the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous powder foundation and 3W Clinic's Natural Makeup Powder. As this was a special occasion, I also used Innisfree's No Sebum Primer. I was sweating buckets prior to the graduation march because we lined up outside the venue and we were under the scorching heat of the sun. My makeup stayed in place! I didn't blot my face or anything but my makeup still looked good in photos after the event. My family, my boyfriend and I had dinner and I still didn't blot before or after that. Of course my face was getting oily towards the end of the day but it was the good kind. It was not the bad, gross kind wherein I needed to blot and touch up stat.
- On a regular hot and sweaty day here in the Philippines though and using this foundation without any primer, my face would get oily at about 4 - 5 hours. Oiliness would be most evident on my nose. Shine would still be tolerable as I don't find the urgency to blot right away. The amount of oil is definitely reduced compared to when I'm using other products. The foundation does claim to reduce shine, not totally eliminate it. I believe this is what a natural look is supposed to be.
- Does not get cakey when layered, when I get oily, or when topped with powder
- I don't see any clumps of product on the sides of my nose even when the foundation has mixed with sebum.
- Has a demi-matte finish
- The packaging is superb. It is made of an easy to squeeze plastic tube with a nozzle. It dispenses the right amount of product and is not messy at all. No problems with breakage or taking it with you during travels.
- No allergic reactions, no skin irritations
- Barely discernible scent
- It has a faint chemical smell but I can only smell it if I put the nozzle extremely close to my nares (nostrils) and sniff it from there. I don't smell it when I'm applying it on my face. My nose is fairly sensitive and this does not trigger my allergic rhinitis.
- Did not cause me to breakout
- Does not settle in or emphasize pores
- No SPF
- This is a positive feature for me since I needed a foundation with no SPF for the occasion I purchased this product for. I needed a foundation with no SPF to make sure that there would be no white cast during flash photography.
- The manufacturing date is printed on a sticker.
- Good for 12 months once opened
- Feels faintly sticky upon application
- Powders can be easily blended on top of it so it's not a big deal for me.
- Compared to other base make-up products I've tried, this would be considered as barely to not sticky!
- May oxidize a little bit
- However it's barely noticeable, well at least for me
- Limited shade range available here in the Philippines - however this is the company's or distributor's responsibility, not the product's fault
- No safety seal/sticker on the cap or nozzle
- I'm sure the saleslady gave me a new tube since she got it from a cabinet but this safety seal would provide more assurance as to the freshness of the product. :)
Discussion: Graduation day was coming and I was in need of a new foundation for my graduation makeup. The bottles of liquid foundation I had were all old and needed to be disposed of. The other base makeup products that I had were all BB creams and powder foundations but I didn't want to use them for the occasion. This led me to research on good and affordable foundations. I watched several videos on YouTube about top drugstore foundations and saw this one. In depth video and blog reviews on it were all praises about it so I made my purchase and I'm glad I did. It's good for daily use and it also proved itself worthy of use during special occasions.
Prognosis: I will continue using this product and it is highly likely that I will repurchase it once I run out. I may try other foundation makeup in the future (like the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 foundation, but that's more expensive) but the important thing to me is that I now know of a foundation that I can rely on. If you're looking for a new foundation and you'd like to try something affordable but has good quality, I highly recommend this one.
Other things I want to say not related to the product being reviewed:
Hello! If you're reading this part of my blog post, I would like to thank you for the time you spent reading! I'm going to try and blog more regularly/often from now on. I will also try to take photos using a proper camera for better quality. I do not edit my photos or add filters to them. The only editing I do is adding my blog's URL on the photos. I'm not really the artistic type so I'm also not adept at taking pictures. *Cue Bigbang's Loser*
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to post it below or reach me thru different social media. :)