Monday, August 24, 2015

Review: Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover

Identifying Information
Product name: Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover, 145mL
Price: PhP 298.00
Description: 
  • "For eye and lip; Cleanses powerfully yet remains moisturizing and gentle to skin; contains Vitamins B and E for added skincare."
  • Gentle Water-Based Formula: Derived from skin toners that contain oil dissolving moisturizing agents. Oil contained in makeup is lifted quickly without tugging, and gives skin ample moisture while cleansing thoroughly.
  • Highly Effective Emollient Oil Layer with Water Base: Dual effect of water and oil layer thoroughly removes even the most stubborn, waterproof mascaras; High cleansing power ensures that no rubbing or tugging is required to protect eyelashes and delicate skin around eyes.
Product Origin: Japan
Where I bought it: Watsons, SM Supercenter Pasig (where I buy about 70% of what I own hohoho)
History: I've had my first bottle for several months now. I can't even remember exactly when I bought it. :))

Physical Examination:
Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover
Left: My first bottle, Right: the back-up!
Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover
The oil layer on top and the water layer at the bottom.
Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, PEG-400, Sodium Chloride, PPG-2-Deceth-7, PCA Ethyl Cocoyl Arginate, Disodium EDTA, Pentylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hyaluronate
Salient Features
Positives:
  • Removes waterproof eyeliner and mascara quickly and easily
    • My glittery eye shadows and gel eyeliners also don't stand a chance against this remover!
  • Does not irritate my eyes
  • Has not caused me to have any allergic reaction, closed comedones or milia
  • Doesn't leave a heavy, oily residue on the skin
    • It can feel a little bit oily on the periorbital area immediately after use but it's nothing gross or difficult to remove. It is easily removed by micellar water or facial wash.
  • Bottle is sealed well
    • There is no way for the bottle to have been opened before you actually buy and open it!
  • Affordable
Negatives:
  • Usually out of stock!
    • Not an issue with the product itself but more of the management 
    • Could this be a marketing plan of theirs? Hahaha. Maybe they want people to hoard several bottles of this once they see it on the shelves? O__O
  • Can't totally remove lip tints from uh, my lips 
    • It's able to remove most but not all of it. It's very good with lipsticks (be it matte, liquid-to-matte, glossy, whatever :D) though!
Impression/Rating: 9.5/10

Discussion: My current go-to make-up remover is the Bifesta Cleansing Lotion (micellar water cleanser) and I've been using that for more than a year now. When I saw that Bifesta also had an eye make-up remover, I just had to get it because I love their products!

When you look at the contents of the bottle, there are two layers that can be seen. There is the oil layer on top and the water layer at the bottom, similar to most eye make-up removers. It's important to shake the bottle well before use to mix the two layers together for effective cleansing.

I find that the regular Bifesta Cleansing Lotion is more than enough for removing my regular make-up. When I'm using the Heroine Make Long and Curl mascara though, it's a different story. That mascara makes my eyelashes look so long, volumized and defined but a dedicated heavy duty eye makeup remover is needed to get it off. This Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover is able to remove it from my lashes quickly and easily. Other eye makeup removers take a long time (with some tugging and rubbing huhuhu) to remove it. With this one from Bifesta, I just shake the bottle, pour some on a cotton pad, put the cotton pad on my eye and let it soak for a few seconds (~5-10 seconds). I wipe my eye gently a couple of times and the mascara comes right off! All of it! There is no need to rub the cotton pad on my eye/eyelashes. Our eyelids are the thinnest skin on our body. Tugging and rubbing them could lead to premature wrinkling and nobody wants that, right? I sure don't

Because my Heroine Make mascara is getting a bit old, I have to use it more often to finish it up before I have to throw it away lest I get another hordeolum (stye)! That means I'm going to finally use up all the contents of my first bottle of this eye make-up remover! :)))

Prognosis: This is the best eye (and lip) make-up remover I have used so far. It's highly effective in removing waterproof mascaras and eyeliners so rubbing or tugging on the eyelids is avoided. I have a back-up of this waiting to be used once I finish up all my eye make-up removers. I will continue using and repurchasing it. :)

 photo BlogSig-1.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment