|The toner is made of clear liquid. The emulsion is white but it just looks light green inside the bottle.|
|Both bottles are sealed well!|
|My Nature Republic haul during the first week of August. I haven't tried the sheet masks yet!|
- Both smell nice and clean, just like green tea
- Mildly scented and does not trigger my allergic rhinitis
- Both toner and emulsion are packaged in sturdy plastic bottles and come in a a box made of eco-friendly paper with text printed using soy ink.
- Light and less prone to breakage compared to glass bottles
- The openings of both bottles were sealed for freshness. (see photos on the Physical Examination part)
- Toner feels mild and moisturizing on the skin
- I don't have problems with using products containing alcohol. This toner neither stings nor dries out my face. It's also able to remove dirt on my skin that I wouldn't have thought was left after thorough (double) cleansing.
- I find the emulsion very moisturizing.
- I only need a little amount of emulsion to cover my huge face so this bottle will last me a long time.
- Did not cause me to breakout or to have an allergic reaction
- I started using these 2 products while I was purging from a topical acne medication. My purge has started to calm down. These did not seem to aggravate my skin's condition.
- Compared to Nature Republic's other skincare lines, this is already affordable. The Bee Venom, Snail and Argan oil lines cost much more because those have special ingredients, I guess.
- If you have the Nature Republic membership card, you get 10% off on every purchase!
- The emulsion isn't absorbed quickly on the skin. If I put too much, it'll take much longer to be absorbed so I make sure I only use the right amount. It leaves my skin feeling kind of sticky but the stickiness lessens further after about 10-15 minutes.
- I've also noticed that the emulsion makes my skin oilier than usual. When I use this at night, I usually wake up with an oily face. >.< This is why I've never thought of using it under make-up.
- It takes some effort to get the emulsion out of the bottle despite it not having a thick formulation. I believe it would be better if it had a pump instead of a simple opening. But if having a pump will make this cost more, I'd rather they just stick with the current packaging haha. :)
Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner = 10/10
Fresh Green Tea 70 Emulsion = 8/10
Discussion: This Fresh Green Tea line from Nature Republic is marketed as a moisturizing and soothing line for all skin types. Like I stated above, I've been using these since my acne purge started and they definitely did not make it worse. In fact I could say that they helped soothe my skin. My skin has become slightly sensitive and is easily irritated (secondary to topical acne medicine use) and these products make my skin feel better. The toner is an excellent product! It's mild, moisturizing and refreshing. The emulsion is highly moisturizing as well however the negative points I mentioned above keep me from loving it as much as the toner. Nonetheless, these two products perform as advertised and for that I'm a happy customer. :)
Just like the Real Nature Acai Berry essence, I did not read any reviews before buying them and I used them without doing any patch test. I committed myself to the full sized bottles without sampling them first so I am grateful that they did not wreak havoc on my skin!
I've been frequenting the Nature Republic shop in SM Megamall lately. Is it because they are being endorsed by EXO? Or maybe it's because they have a Luhan standee (even if he's not part of EXO anymore T__T) in front of their shop? Hmm. It could also be because I get a 10% discount for every purchase because of my membership card. Hahaha. Ah, Nature Republic's marketing strategies are working on me! :)) I must say though, I've been really enjoying the products I've bought from them! Their Green Tea BB cream (reviewed here) is still the best for me!
Prognosis: I enjoy using the toner more than the emulsion. I will continue using these two but I will most likely not repurchase the emulsion. The toner though is a possible repurchase. I still have samples of the Bee Venom and Snail Solution toner and emulsion and so I will try those out soon and compare those with the Fresh Green Tea line. From there I will decide if I want to get either Bee Venom or Snail Solution, or repurchase this Fresh Green Tea. :) Yaay for samples!
I actually recently purchased one of their best-selling creams. I've started using it but I have to use it longer before posting a review. I'm actually excited to talk about it! ;)