Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Nature Republic Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner and Emulsion

Identifying Information
Product name: Nature Republic Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner and Emulsion, 180mL/6.08 fl. oz. 
Price: PhP 545.00 each
Description: "Containing Boseong's fresh green tea leaves, the moisture-supplying toner/emulsion takes care of sensitive skin with its refreshing feel. The 7 Non-Added Formula System with the high green tea water content makes the Fresh Green Tea brand line feel more refreshing. The 7 Non-Added Formula System is free from paraben, talc, triethanolamine, animal-derived ingredients, mineral oil, benzophenone and artificial coloring."
- "Contains Polynesia Blue Lagoon Water MD 101: The blue lagoon water, which is purified from the blue coral reef of Polynesia in the South Pacific Ocean, is loaded with the minerals that provide an excellent moisturizing function. The water helps to strengthen the skin's moisture retention capability."
- "Boseong's fresh green tea sprouts are concentrated with catechins and vitamin C, making the skin clear and healthy."
(Taken from the Nature Republic official website: toner and emulsion
Product Origin: Korea
Where I bought it: Nature Republic, Atrium, SM Megamall
History: I purchased these during the 1st week of August 2015 and I've been using them regularly since then together with the Real Nature Acai Berry essence I reviewed here.

Physical Examination:
Nature Republic Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner and Emulsion boxes
Nature Republic Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner and Emulsion bottles
The toner is made of clear liquid. The emulsion is white but it just looks light green inside the bottle.
Nature Republic Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner and Emulsion sealed
Both bottles are sealed well!
My Nature Republic haul during the first week of August. I haven't tried the sheet masks yet!
Toner Ingredients: Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Water, Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sea Water, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extrat, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Betaine, Trehalose, Caprylyl Glycol, Arginine, Sodium Hyaluroante, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)

Emulsion Ingredients: Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethyl Hexanediol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Sea Water, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chamomilla Recutitia (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Arginine, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum) 

Salient Features
Positives:
  • Both smell nice and clean, just like green tea
    • Mildly scented and does not trigger my allergic rhinitis
  • Both toner and emulsion are packaged in sturdy plastic bottles and come in a a box made of eco-friendly paper with text printed using soy ink.
    • Light and less prone to breakage compared to glass bottles
    • The openings of both bottles were sealed for freshness. (see photos on the Physical Examination part) 
  • Toner feels mild and moisturizing on the skin
    • I don't have problems with using products containing alcohol. This toner neither stings nor dries out my face. It's also able to remove dirt on my skin that I wouldn't have thought was left after thorough (double) cleansing.
  • I find the emulsion very moisturizing.
  • I only need a little amount of emulsion to cover my huge face so this bottle will last me a long time.
  • Did not cause me to breakout or to have an allergic reaction
    • I started using these 2 products while I was purging from a topical acne medication. My purge has started to calm down. These did not seem to aggravate my skin's condition.
  • Affordable
    • Compared to Nature Republic's other skincare lines, this is already affordable. The Bee Venom, Snail and Argan oil lines cost much more because those have special ingredients, I guess.
    • If you have the Nature Republic membership card, you get 10% off on every purchase!
Negatives:
  • The emulsion isn't absorbed quickly on the skin. If I put too much, it'll take much longer to be absorbed so I make sure I only use the right amount. It leaves my skin feeling kind of sticky but the stickiness lessens further after about 10-15 minutes.
  • I've also noticed that the emulsion makes my skin oilier than usual. When I use this at night, I usually wake up with an oily face. >.< This is why I've never thought of using it under make-up.
  • It takes some effort to get the emulsion out of the bottle despite it not having a thick formulation. I believe it would be better if it had a pump instead of a simple opening. But if having a pump will make this cost more, I'd rather they just stick with the current packaging haha. :)
Impression/Rating: 
Fresh Green Tea 70 Toner = 10/10
Fresh Green Tea 70 Emulsion = 8/10 
Discussion: This Fresh Green Tea line from Nature Republic is marketed as a moisturizing and soothing line for all skin types. Like I stated above, I've been using these since my acne purge started and they definitely did not make it worse. In fact I could say that they helped soothe my skin. My skin has become slightly sensitive and is easily irritated (secondary to topical acne medicine use) and these products make my skin feel better. The toner is an excellent product! It's mild, moisturizing and refreshing. The emulsion is highly moisturizing as well however the negative points I mentioned above keep me from loving it as much as the toner. Nonetheless, these two products perform as advertised and for that I'm a happy customer. :) 

Just like the Real Nature Acai Berry essence, I did not read any reviews before buying them and I used them without doing any patch test. I committed myself to the full sized bottles without sampling them first so I am grateful that they did not wreak havoc on my skin!

I've been frequenting the Nature Republic shop in SM Megamall lately. Is it because they are being endorsed by EXO? Or maybe it's because they have a Luhan standee (even if he's not part of EXO anymore T__T) in front of their shop? Hmm. It could also be because I get a 10% discount for every purchase because of my membership card. Hahaha. Ah, Nature Republic's marketing strategies are working on me! :)) I must say though, I've been really enjoying the products I've bought from them! Their Green Tea BB cream (reviewed here) is still the best for me!

Prognosis: I enjoy using the toner more than the emulsion. I will continue using these two but I will most likely not repurchase the emulsion. The toner though is a possible repurchase. I still have samples of the Bee Venom and Snail Solution toner and emulsion and so I will try those out soon and compare those with the Fresh Green Tea line. From there I will decide if I want to get either Bee Venom or Snail Solution, or repurchase this Fresh Green Tea. :) Yaay for samples!

I actually recently purchased one of their best-selling creams. I've started using it but I have to use it longer before posting a review. I'm actually excited to talk about it! ;)

 photo BlogSig-1.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment