|Swatch of the Hurraw Chai Spice lip balm|
|EOS Blueberry Acai on the left, Hurraw Chai Spice on the right. The Hurraw lip balm has more sheen compared to the EOS one.|
- The lip balms smell as labelled. The chai spice truly smells like chai teas!
- These are not flavored lip balms; they do not taste like anything. The "flavors" are just scents.
- The scent does not irritate my nose and it wears off after some time.
- The mint lip balm feels cool on the lips.
- I like minty lip products~ The minty sensation doesn't last very long though and I find that okay. It also does not sting or burn my lips.
- Glide easily and smoothly on the lips
- Give immediate comfort and relief to dry lips
- Not sticky or tacky
- Don't feel heavy on the lips
- Don't slip or move around
- Can withstand eating and drinking
- My lips feel moisturized even after the product is gone from my lips. I don't find myself needing to reapply this often.
- All natural, vegan, organic ingredients
- Did not cause any allergic reactions on my lips or on the perioral area
- These lip balms have a unique oval shape to them and it actually makes it easy to apply them on the lips.
- A bit too glossy for my taste
- The slight glossiness isn't really that bad; it doesn't look like you just had a fatty meal. My other favorite lip balm which is the EOS Blueberry Acai has a less glossy finish compared to this and I prefer that. ;)
|Hurraw Chai Spice lip balm. The pink tinge on my lips is from a lip tint I used earlier in the day. Note how shiny this is compared to the EOS Blueberry Acai photo below. :)|
|EOS Blueberry Acai lip balm|
- No SPF
- Our lips are also covered in skin and prolonged sun exposure can lead to sunburn. If you will be exposed to sunlight, it is advisable to use a lip balm with SPF. Hurraw has a variant called Sun Balm that has SPF 15.
- Expensive compared to lip balms easily available in local drugstores here in the Philippines
- Personally I think these are well worth the money because of the aforementioned positive features and this: "We source honest, fair trade, organic, vegan and raw ingredients from reputable suppliers and are thrilled to share the labors with other balm lovin' individuals. Your purchase supports legit fair trade, organic farmers and suppliers here in the States and around the World."
- This point is added here in consideration of the product's competitors. :)
- Limited accessibility
Discussion: I've been using lip balms since I was in 7th grade and I've tried a lot from different brands. These ones from Hurraw are excellent clear lip balms and are currently my favorite. I love how moisturizing they are, how they feel on my lips, their scents and the minty sensation from the mint balm. I usually put some of this on my lips before starting my makeup then I wipe it off when it's time for me to put on lipstick or lip tint. It provides sufficient moisture to the lips for a smooth lipstick application even when wiped off. I use these lip balms before I sleep and I find them moisturizing enough to last me throughout the night. I do not wake up with dry, cracking or bleeding lips.
Prognosis: I think these are fabulous lip balms. They are highly moisturizing and they come in unique, lovable scents. I will most likely repurchase and try other kinds--perhaps the Rootbeer and Coffee ones because, heh, I love rootbeer and coffee too! I highly recommend these lip balms!