Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Review: 3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder in 21 Light Beige and 23 Natural Beige

Identifying Information
Product name: 3W Clinic Professional Natural Make-up Powder in 21 Light Beige and 23 Natural Beige, 30g
Price: PhP 265.00 + shipping fee
Description: "Mixed with transparent white powder and fine porous silica multi coating powder. Excellent blooming effect without shine creates bright complexion. Silky touch remains moisturizing feeling without flakes for hours." (from Korea Department Store)
Product Origin: Korea
Where I bought it: www.kkochipida.com
History: I got this during the first week of June 2015 and I've been using it regularly as a setting powder since then. In all of the selfies/selcas I've posted on my blog since July 2015 with make-up on, I have this powder on my face. :)

Physical Examination:
3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder in 21 Light Beige and 23 Natural Beige
3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder puff and sticker
3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder sticker and powder sifter
I don't peel off the whole sticker to be able to easily control the amount of powder I get.
3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder swatches of 21 Light Beige and 23 Natural Beige
Left: 21 Light Beige, Right: 23 Natural Beige
3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder hand swatches of 21 Light Beige and 23 Natural Beige
Top: 21 Light Beige, Bottom: 23 Natural Beige
Salient Features
Positives:
  • Finely milled
  • Blends easily on the skin
    • Even on top of sticky BB creams or foundations, this powder applies easily and blends well.
  • Makes skin look soft and pretty
    • I use it as a setting powder to top off my BB creams and it does a great job at that. It doesn't make my skin look too matte and flat.
  • Doesn't make my skin/makeup look cakey 
    • It's as if you can't go wrong with this powder. Even if I accidentally put on a lot on one part of my face, it doesn't look cakey or too powdery!
  • Doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my skin
  • Affordable
  • Has not caused me to have any skin allergies or acne breakouts
  • Has a mild, flowery non-irritating scent
  • Little to no coverage
    • The powders in shades 21 and 23 offer little to no coverage even if they are colored. I like that because they do not alter the base product that I'm using.
Negatives:
  • Not very good at controlling oil
    • Shine peeks through at about the 4th hour
  • Packaging is a bit bulky and could potentially be messy
    • The powder comes in a tub measuring about 2 inches tall and 3 inches wide. It will take up a lot of space inside a shoulder bag or travel kit. Also, the powder sifter has big holes so if you completely remove the sticker covering them, a lot of excess powder could come out when you try to shake the tub.
    • It comes with a soft, white puff that isn't totally useless but a powder/kabuki brush would be better for application. 
  • No official retail store or counter here in the Philippines
    • You can purchase this powder from online shops but they offer this at varying prices. I've seen some shops sell this for almost PhP 500.00.
Impression/Rating: 9/10

Discussion: According to several blog reviews as well as the website of Kkochipida, this powder was called Dodo Palgantong Powder until 2009 when the company decided to rename it as 3W Clinic. In the Korea Department Store website, it says that the manufacturer is Dodo Cosmetics. I can actually see Dodo written somewhere on the box but since my Korean skills are at the lowest level that's all I can say haha. -__-

I bought this powder in 23 Natural Beige first because I wanted to play safe. I didn't want to end up with a powder too light for my skin. The powder turned out to be a good match for me. It didn't darken or lighten the base make-up I used underneath it. I then purchased a tub in 21 Light Beige for comparison purposes and this one works well with my skin too. I don't see any demonstrable difference on my skin with these two shades.

I actually purchased two tubs of 23 Natural Beige during my first transaction with Kkochipida. I gave one tub to my mother because I knew she was looking for a good setting powder. She loves this so much she asked me to buy 5 tubs for her. :)) I haven't though, because there's a lot of powder in the tub! It will take some time before she uses it all up. I did give her a tub of 21 Light Beige because I also bought two! This 3W Clinic Natural Make-up Powder is one of the most affordable products I've ever purchased that has excellent quality!

Prognosis: Despite not being very good at controlling oil, I like this powder a lot. I like how it's so easy to blend and how it makes my skin look soft and smooth. I will keep using it and repurchasing it until I find something that performs even better than this and is as affordable.   

 photo BlogSig-1.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment