|Unblended hand swatch. I am so sorry for the difference in lighting! >.<|
- Feels cool on the skin upon application
- Does not look cakey even when I get oily
- Has medium coverage
- It's able to cover the redness of my skin and most of my hyperpigmented scars from pimples.
- Blends easily using fingers, foundation brush, or make-up sponge
- This BB comes with a white sponge in the box but I haven't used that yet because I love my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge too much.
- Matches my skin well
- Feels light on the skin
- Has a demi-matte finish
- From the description of this product I believe this was supposed to give a moist and dewy look but I'm glad that it doesn't. My oily skin doesn't live in harmony with dewy products.
- Does not emphasize my dry patches
- I get some dry patches from the topical acne medication that I use. I find that this BB does not make them visible.
- Cute packaging
- The glass bottle is shaped like a little bundt cupcake and it's nice to look at! There's a negative point to the packaging mentioned below.
- The bottle's cap has a spatula attached to it.
- There is no need to dip your finger inside the bottle to get the product out so contamination is lessened. What I do is get some product on the spatula and put it on the dorsum (back) of my clean hand. From there I use a brush or a sponge to get some BB and apply it on my face.
- Has a mild herbal scent which I like; does not trigger my allergic rhinitis
- The scent goes away after about a minute or so.
- Has SPF 20 PA++
- The SPF it has isn't very high but it's good that it offers additional protection from harmful UV radiation. Please use a sun cream/sunscreen under this for full protection.
- Has not caused any skin irritation or acne breakouts
- Not so good at controlling oil
- My skin starts to become shiny (SHINee? Hohoho~) at about the 4th hour of wear even with primer and setting powder.
- Limited shade range
- Only comes in 2 shades: 01 Aqua Beige and 02 Aqua Neutral
- The shade I have is 02 Aqua Neutral. During the first time I put some of this BB onto my hand, I thought it was a little bit dark but when I blended it out, it seemed to be lighter than it initially was.
- I believe this runs a bit lighter than other BB creams. 02 Aqua Neutral would perfectly match up to NC20 skin. For NC25 skin this may give a brighter, paler look.
- Bottle is not travel-friendly
- The bottle is kind of heavy as it is made of glass. It is also prone to breakage because of that.
- There is no safety seal or sticker on the box or bottle.
- I just think that it would be better if they had this to ensure the freshness of the product. :)
- Limited accessibility as Holika Holika only has very few branches here in Metro Manila
- I would've liked to visit their shop and purchase this from there but they don't have a branch or a stall in the malls near the Ortigas area. I believe they have plans on expanding though so hopefully I see them soon in SM Megamall.
- EDIT: 8/24/2015 Holika Holika is now at SM Megamall Department Store! Yaay! :D
Discussion: This jelly BB is the first product that comes to my mind when someone mentions Holika Holika. This is a well-known product of theirs and for good reason. I've heard about this BB several years ago but I only got to purchase it recently. When I first learned that Holika Holika has opened a branch in the Philippines, I wanted to buy this unfortunately though they didn't and still don't have a branch in any of the malls I frequent. I read a lot of reviews prior to ordering this because I wanted to know if it would work with my skin and what shade is most suitable for me. There are a lot of positive reviews out there and this one I'm writing is going to be added to that long list. ;)
This is the first BB product I've tried that has a jelly texture and doesn't come in a tube or pump bottle. The packaging is cute but it isn't very convenient. The BB itself looks great on my skin. I like how it evens out my skin while still making it look natural. It's able to provide adequate coverage of my hyperpigmented scars and redness that I don't find the need to use concealer on them. I've received compliments on my skin while using this BB! :) Sadly it doesn't provide good oil control but even when I do get oily, this doesn't clump up on the sides of my nose or look cakey and that's good! I prefer using a brush or a sponge to apply this on my face. Overall, this is a lovely BB cream (err, jelly). It's one of the better BBs I've tried. It does a great job and I do quite like it!
|I'm pointing at my acne and acne scars. They weren't completely covered but their appearance was greatly lessened! Without the BB they are truly red. >.<|
Prognosis: I like this jelly BB and I will continue using it until I finish it up. I love how my skin looks when I have this on. The only major downside this has for me is the poor oil control but all the other positives outweigh this. This BB is the first make-up product I purchased from the brand Holika Holika and because of the good experience I've had with it, I'm interested in trying more make-up products from their brand. I consider this as a candidate for repurchase. I don't want to say for certain that I will repurchase it because I'm always interested in trying out make-up from different brands. :)
What are your top Korean BB products? Any favorites from Holika Holika? Share them below as I am genuinely curious! ^__^