Saturday, May 26, 2012

REVIEW: L'oreal Total Repair 5 Deep Repairing Mask

I was going to start this blog entry by saying how second year of medical school kept me so busy making me have less time for myself (and this blog) but yeah, you know that already. ^__~
L'oreal Total Repair 5 Deep Repairing Mask tub
The product: L'oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Deep Repairing Mask
Price: Around 200pesos
Rating: 9/10
Where I bought it: SM Hypermarket Pasig (available in drugstores and supermarkets)
(+): makes hair feel healthier, softer and smoother after usage; the effect lasts for 2-3 days even after shampooing; doesn't weigh my hair down
(-): not very easy to rinse off

L'oreal Total Repair 5 Deep Repairing Mask tub without cap
L'oreal Total Repair 5 Deep Repairing Mask description and ingredients
This hair mask is the best one I've tried so far. I've been using it since 1st year of medical school (2010). Before I started using this product I was able to try Cream Silk's and Pantene's hair masks. I found that this specific L'oreal product was able to make my hair feel moisturized better than the other ones I've tried before. The best thing I like about it is that the softness and smoothness it gives my hair last for up to 2 to 3 days after using the product--even after daily shampooing! That is perfect for deep conditioning your hair twice a week!

I've colored my hair several times last year causing it to feel dry and damaged. This product has helped bring my hair back to life by making its texture feel almost like my virgin hair. I believe one cannot undo the damage done to one's hair by simply using hair conditioners/masks; these products are just temporary fixes we can use. From what I've read and what I know (do not quote me on this, hehe), the only way to get rid of damaged hair permanently is to cut it off and wait for your healthy hair to grow out. If chopping your locks off is too drastic then conditioners/masks, hair serums and heat-protecting sprays will be your allies in making your hair feel and look healthy again. And so as a temporary fix, I find this product highly effective. :)

I might try out Dove's hair repair masks soon since I've been using Dove's Intense Repair shampoo and conditioner for several months now. Hopefully I get to post a review of Dove's hair products soon! ^__^

Notes:

  1. For normal or undamaged hair, you can opt to deep condition your hair twice a week. For those with dry/colored/treated/damaged hair, it's best to deep condition twice to thrice (if heavily damaged) a week then lessen it to once a week when your hair feels healthier.
  2. Do not skimp on the product. Apply a generous amount to coat your hair strands well.
  3. If you are prone to breaking out on your hairline, it would be good to avoid applying conditioner on that area.
  4. If you find that you are breaking out on your back, I recommend (based on personal experience) that you soap your back again after you rinse the conditioner off your hair. You may also choose to just keep your hair off your skin while you have conditioner on.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment