Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel

Identifying Information
Product name: Nature Republic Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel 300ml
Price: PhP 245.00
Description:
According to the Korea Department Store website:
  • FREE from paraben, mineral oil and artificial color
  • Has a mild formula
  • It is a soothing gel made from organic aloe certified by the California CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers).
  • It has a mild and moisturizing effect for the face, arms, legs, and hair. It has multiple uses!
  • It is rich in soothing effect with 92% Aloe Vera leaf extract with non-sticky fresh absorption for moisturized skin.
Product Origin: Korea
Where I bought it: Nature Republic, 4th floor, Atrium, SM Megamall
History: I've been using it almost everyday since April 2014. I've used up around 60% of the content and I've purchased a back-up tub.

Physical Examination:
Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel tub
Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel tub without cap

Salient Features
Positives:
  • Feels cool on the skin
  • Has a pleasant smell--sometimes it can smell like alcohol but it doesn't bother me. It does not trigger my allergic rhinitis. I like how it smells.
  • Works as a great moisturizer for my face
    • I use this with my acne medications. Normally my acne medications would cause some irritation on my skin. My skin would feel dry and it would desquamate (not in big flakes though) to the point that my skin feels like its burning when I get sweaty. This product has helped soothe my skin and keep that from happening. I'm more compliant with my acne medications now because of this!
  • Does not feel sticky once it dries
  • Does not make me oilier than I usually am
  • Does not cause any kind of skin irritation--like I said above, it soothes my skin!
  • Does not cause any breakouts
  • Inexpensive product with a lot of uses
Negatives:
  • It can take a bit of time for the product to completely dry after application.
  • It comes in a tub without any spatula so you'd have to dip your fingers in or transfer a bit of gel onto the lid to get the product out. This can be unhygienic. Just make sure your hands are clean before dipping your fingers into the product and touching your face.
  • The big tub it comes in makes it bulky to take around. I'd love for this to come in a squeeze tube as well so I can bring it with me to the hospital or when I travel.
Impression/Rating: 9/10

Discussion:
I've read many good reviews about this product and I know that it is very popular in Korea. Many brands also came out with their own version of this aloe vera gel and that just proves how popular and profitable it is.

Aloe vera gel can be used for the face, body, hair, nails, minor burns, etc. I've tried using this once on a first degree burn and it did help soothe it. It is not the most moisturizing product out there but it does the job for me that's why I am very satisfied with it. :)  

Prognosis: I will definitely repurchase this product. As I've mentioned earlier, I have a back-up tub of this waiting for me. I've also purchased 2 other products from the aloe vera line (shower gel and cleansing gel cream) and maybe I'll post reviews of those too in the future. 

***I'm using a new format for my blog entries. This is actually an edited format of what we call a "patient write-up." A patient write-up is often required of us medical students/doctors-in-training to discuss diseases and their appropriate management specific to the patient. I was working in our health hub one day and thought of using a similar format for my blog entries which are basically product write-ups too. :)) I hope this makes it easier for everyone to read my entries! 


 photo BlogSig-1.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment