Thursday, September 16, 2010

REVIEW: L'oreal Total Repair Shampoo

L'oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo bottleL'oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo description

The product: L'oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo
Price: Around 130-140pesos for the small bottle (180mL)
Rating: 7.5/10
Where I bought it: SM Hypermarket Pasig
(+): My hair feels soft and smooth after shampooing, even without using a conditioner. Lathers well and rinses easily. I find the smell okay, nothing special.
(-): Using it for consecutive days made my hair feel rather heavy. Continuous usage also gave me slight dandruff. Had the same experience with another variant of this shampoo brand actually (L'oreal Elseve Re-Nutrition with Royal Jelly).

Curiosity got the best of me when I saw this shampoo so even if I already had a so-so experience with another variant of the same brand, I still gave this one a try with the hopes of it being better.

Using the shampoo alone made my hair softer and smoother, and yeah, my hair felt nourished. :) I liked using it during days when I didn't have time to use a conditioner. Like what I stated above though, using it continuously made my hair feel heavy and gave me dandruff. What I did was use it interchangeably with another shampoo brand and with an anti-dandruff shampoo. I can't really say if it did make my hair stronger because I used it with other shampoos and because I think I still have the same amount of daily hair fall. Luckily I still don't have major problems with split-ends. I'm almost done with the whole bottle now; I think I only have enough left for one shower. :)

*I used to see a few of my hair strands with split ends (even before I used this shampoo) but I think it's because of hair breakage due to tying up my hair and pulling on the elastics rather harshly. I cut those ends when I saw 'em. Hahaha.

I will not be repurchasing soon after I finish this up. I would like to try other shampoos to see what would be best for my hair and well I also just like trying out new stuff. ;)

This is my personal experience with this product. This shampoo might work really well for you so if you've tried other L'oreal hair products and are fine with them, adding this to your bath products would be good. If you have problems with dandruff but still want to use this, I suggest using it alternately with an anti-dandruff shampoo. :)

I rated it with a 7.5/10 because of the heavy feeling and dandruff. If it didn't give me dandruff though I'd be rating it with a 9.

***I've been very busy with school recently so I wasn't able to post any reviews. I have several products for review in mind already so do watch out for those. ♥



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment